Sunday 4 August 2013

F is for Fruits Basket!!

Hello!!

This post's theme starts with the letter 'F', as it is apart of my 'alphabet of nerdling-ness' post series.
Ok, I know some of my friends HATE this anime/manga series.. but I love the fruits basket series by Natsuki Takaya!! Here is a synopsis of the manga series from manga.about.com...
Tohru Honda has her share of family problems. Her parents are dead and her relatives don't want to take her in. Nevertheless, Tohru remains an eternally cheerful student.
When she moves in with the very rich Sohma family, Tohru is in for some surprises. Tohru finds herself living with Yuki, the popular 'prince' of her class, and Yuki's cousins, irritable Kyo and eccentric Shigure. She also discovers the Sohma family's secret: thirteen of them are possessed by the spirits of the zodiac. If they hug someone of the opposite sex, they transform into an animal. But that's just one of many secrets of this cursed clan....
I would recommend you reading the manga series first, then watching the anime, because the anime doesn't adhere to the manga plot line. I was very disappointed by the anime, because it missed out on so much of the story!

Just because I wanted to put something else into this post... I have done a quick sketch of Yuki and Kyo. (two main characters) I'm really sorry the picture is so bad... I'm normally better... but 3 days ago I hurt my right hand.. and now I can't write or draw very well... although, I'm not very good at drawing at my best of times! :3
I'll try to do a better version when my hand is better.. :)
I think I might do some more pictures and post them, what do you think??
Well, the next post starts with the letter G.. so, see you then! :)

Nerdling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment